You are invited to the 2020 Libertarian Pragmatist Caucus (LPCaucus) Business and Welcome Meetings! Credentialing for our business meeting will begin at 2p Eastern time (11a Pacific) and calls to order around 3p Eastern (12p Pacific) on May 17th, 2020. This meeting will take place on a Zoom call - please install and test the Zoom app prior to the start of the meeting. Please follow the 3 easy steps at the bottom of the page to RSVP to the event, pay dues, and register for the Zoom call.
The full proposed business agenda and special rules can be downloaded or reviewed here. The agenda, in summary:
2p Eastern / 1p Central / 12p Mountain / 11a Pacific - Credentialing begins on Zoom
3p Eastern / 2p Central / 1p Mountain / 12p Pacific - Business Meeting Calls to Order & Credentialing Ends
- Credentials Report
- Adopt Agenda
- Adopt Special Rules of Order
- LNC Endorsements
- LPC Board Elections
- POTUS/VPOTUS Endorsements
- Other Business Deemed Necessary & Proper
6p Eastern / 5p Central / 4p Mountain / 3p Pacific - Meeting Adjourns
The proposed special rules:
- Zoom polling is used in the place of a voice vote whenever that is required.
- Hand raises on Zoom are used to be recognized by the Chair and unmuted.
- All elections are done by electronic ballot software. We group them into 3 distinct “elections”: LNC Endorsements, LPC Board of Directors, POTUS/VPOTUS Endorsements.
- Following the conclusion of the caucus meeting, the Board of Directors is empowered to issue endorsements of candidates during rounds of votes following the elimination or withdrawal of an endorsed candidate during the 2020 Libertarian Party National Convention.
The business meeting will include an opportunity to elect a new LPCaucus Board of Directors, as well as endorse candidates for LNC offices and POTUS/VPOTUS. This meeting is prescribed in our bylaws as our biennial national convention - please click here to read our bylaws. Please also note that only dues-paying members of the Libertarian Pragmatist Caucus may vote in the business meeting - others are welcome to attend a livestream broadcast to our Facebook page. To become a dues-paying member, please make a donation of $25 (click here) by 3p Eastern time on May 16th, 2020. After 3p eastern time on May 16th, 2020, dues raise to $100 until the conclusion of the business meeting per our bylaws.
Since there is limited time for this year's meeting, and given the electronic format, we have decided to eliminate nominating speeches for LNC and POTUS/VPOTUS endorsement candidates. We have prepared a number of resources to assist you in deciding who we should endorse - most notably, the LPCaucus voter guide. For POTUS, we also hosted town halls that can be viewed on our Facebook page for the top 6 candidates in the most recent LPKY debate. Candidate for the LPCaucus Board of Directors are still able to make a speech and sway caucus members to vote for them.
The electronic ballot software the LPCaucus Board of Directors has chosen to use for this year's Convention is called Election Runner. You do NOT need to sign up for them, or do anything special to get your ballots except have access to this email address during the meeting. Election Runner is recommended by Toastmasters, and provides a transparent, neutral party to conduct our elections. It allows us to use ranked choice and approval voting methods, as well as securely transmit ballots to our members' emails.
The ballots submitted are secret ballots - election administrators can only see if you voted, not how you voted. That means once you submit them, no one can tamper with or change them. So please double check your ballots before submitting them. The election results will be published by Election Runner after the election is closed, so all members can validate the results reported.
With your help, we can make the LP a professional political organization, capable of threatening the GOP/Democrat establishment that has bankrupted our country of money and morality. To attend this meeting, please follow the 3 easy steps below.
Sign-up As Easy as 1, 2, 3
1. RSVP on this event - you will need to use an email you have access to for the meeting. This is to ensure you receive the secure, electronic ballots.
2. If you haven't already, please donate $25 for your annual membership dues here. $25 or more donated within 365 days of the caucus meeting makes you eligible - if you’ve already given to us, that counts, and thank you!
- May 17, 2020 at 2pm – 6pm
- 137 people are going