Announcing the 2020 LPCaucus Endorsement Questionnaire! This questionnaire allows our members to read more about their choices for endorsement this year for POTUS, LNC Chair, and other elected offices. An endorsement, if any, is ultimately up to our caucus members at our biennial caucus meeting. Submissions by candidates for these questions can be made by messaging our public Facebook page (click here). These results will be posted on April 18th, 2020 for our membership to review. Here are the questions:
- Briefly tell us about yourself and why you’re running for president.
- What are the top three issues your campaign will focus on?
- What would your pitch be to a lifelong Republican who is unhappy with Trump? What would your pitch be to a lifelong Democrat who is unhappy with Biden?
- What skills or lessons have you acquired from past campaigns or other involvement in politics?
- Tell us about your campaign organization.
- How will nominating you impact Libertarians running viable campaigns for lower office?
- The Libertarian Party’s 2016 ticket received 4,489,341 votes, 3.3%. Will you improve on this in 2020, and how? Please be specific.
- The Chair is the party’s chief executive officer, spokesman, and chair of its board of directors. What relevant experience do you have for this role?
- What is your experience within the Libertarian Party, including any roles have you held and any campaigns for public office? How have these prepared you for Chair?
- What is your vision for the future of the Libertarian Party?
- What experience do you have with donor development, and how do you intend to apply that to the Libertarian Party?
- What does libertarianism mean to you?
- While the party has made recent strides in local (mostly nonpartisan) elections, it has been twenty years since a Libertarian candidate was last elected to a state legislature. What will you do to ensure Libertarians are represented in state legislatures?
VPOTUS & Other LNC Offices
- Please briefly describe what office you are running for and why you're running for office.